Play With Purpose
For children with Autism Spectrum, Pervasive Developmental Delays (PDD) and NeuroDevelopmental Delays
Is your child having fun?
The main objective of Play with Purpose is to turn every encounter into an opportunity for exchange with your child - continually engaging your child in whatever he or she is doing.
Communication is used to express feelings and emotions – which allow us to “file” our experiences, which in turn, guides our learning. Emotions let us build the concept of “I”. Children with challenges need lots of opportunities to connect emotions to behavior and words. Play with Purpose seeks to join emotional connectedness to thinking.
We help you teach your child that interacting is fun!
How the program works
- Home-based program- addressing each “system,” reflexes and milestones
- Guided play – this is play with a purpose as well as playful obstruction tactics
- Crossroads trains parents how to implement this program
- Program monitored and reviewed monthly
Six major milestones addressed
- 2-Way Communication
- Complex Communication
- Emotional Ideas
- Emotional Thinking
Assessments and Evaluations
- Sensory System
- Visual Competence
- Auditory Competence
- Tactile Competence
- Vestibular System
- Processing System
- Motor System
- Manual Competence
- Processing speed of brain systems